/ Documentation / Theory
It is known, that IPv6 nodes are capable to configure IP address for themselves automatically. It can be done in two basic ways:
In the first case for address configuring DHCP service adapted for IPv6 is used. This process has a very few differs from similar with IPv4. Report DHCPv6 (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6) has been developed specially for IPv6 (source forge.net project, official site).
- Using DHCPv6 (With fixation of condition).
- Without it (Without fixation of condition).
In the second case configuring passes without any foreign means under the following scheme:
- Automatically appropriates IPv6 the address (Stateless Address Autoconfiguration)
- Constructing the prospective address, local for the channel (link-local address)
- Convince in uniqueness of this address (in scales of a liaison channel)
- Appropriate the address to the interface
- Request a router about the prefixes, acting the given liaison channel
- Configure the global address on the interface
- Setup routers